Sunday, October 20, 2013

baby bump - week 16


I'm now 16 weeks pregnant.  I don't feel pregnant anymore, i.e. sick as a dog in the first trimester.  Sometimes I forget I have a belly, until I go into the closet for clothes or look down.  Because its kind of big... I'm still not convinced we aren't having twins... We've only had 2 ultrasounds and they were at 7 and 8 weeks.  So there is a lot up in the air.  Next ultrasound is at 20 weeks which is mid November.  Waiting game.

Here is my 16 week bump picture and a little bit of fun information. 
 
 
 
 
 
How far along: 16 weeks

Sleep:
Eh, I'm restless.  I get up to pee about 5 times in the night. And then Bowie, our dog, is interested in why I'm up.  "Is it time to play?", "are you getting me food?".  I imagine these questions going through his mind at 1am and 3am in the morning. 

Best moment of the week:
Feeling baby move :)  It has happened before, but I didn't know if it was really the baby.  But on Friday, I was trying to take a nap at my parents house and I was super still and quiet and all of a sudden there it was.  That same feeling.  It was wonderful.  It doesn't happen often, yet.

Miss anything:
Beer during football games. 
 
And, honestly... working out super hard, if I so chose to do so... once every couple of months. When youre pregnant, you are suggested to not let your heart rate go above 140.  And that's like a brisk walk for me, so the fitness has to come from resistance stuff which I am doing again, going back to a trainer.  I finally feel well again to go and not want to vom all over her.

Movement:
Little flutters once a week or so.

Food Cravings:
Random and never healthy.

Gender prediction:
Many people I talk to say they think its a girl.  I really have no feeling towards either at the moment.  Maybe a girl.

Labor signs:

Symptoms:
I have heart palpitations because apparently I have 20% more blood volume in my body at this point.  Im still trying to gain weight.  But I'll have to say, a big part of losing the weight I did and not gaining faster was that I'm not drinking wine during the week now. 

Belly button in or out:
In. But flatter.

Temperment:
Pretty good lately.

Looking forward to:
The fall weather and family time with my baby bump.  And getting more into the nursery and what we'll be needing to do in our house for baby Walker.



No comments:

Post a Comment