Thursday, October 24, 2013

nursery progress

I've gotten very creative with my potential selections and photoshop skills.  You might have seen these great inspiration boards by Lay Baby Lay and Project Bambino.  And below is a bit of a take on that. 

I haven't received my Spoonflower samples yet, they should come tomorrow.  But after visiting my sweet friend Kathryn who owns Picket Fences here in Austin, and just talking it out, I've come to 2 major options.  One is for a boy, and one is for a girl.  We won't find out until mid November, so until then... its all about the waiting game.

Kathryn asked me a good question, which helped me to organize the thoughts in my head, regarding the furniture style.  "Does one style sit better in your mind with one gender over the other?".  And the answer is YES!  I like the midcentury modern look for a boy, and a more vintage look for a girl.  So, that's how I started to categorize all my ideas in my head.  And its starting to take shape.

With both options I wanted the colors to be bold and lively, without being over the top.  But also something that we can grow into for big boy or big girl rooms.  No pastels for the most part.  No baby baby stuff.  Very sophisticated.  With furniture that you would potentially put into your home.  So you'll see that a lot of the furniture that I have found and like, is from West Elm/Pottery Barn or is full sized. 

Here is the boy option.  The girl option is next and almost complete.


Sources:
1.  Spoonflower Fabrics
2.  Pottery Barn Kids Hayden Crib
3.  Land Of Nod Magnificent Metal Letters
4.  West Elm Tripod Lamp
5.  Pottery Barn Basic Pendant Glossy Metal Bell
6.  West Elm Rustic Storage Side Table
7.  Land of Nod Mod Rocker Glider
8.  Etsy Fiber and Water - Hello Austin wall art
9.  Danish Modern LA Dresser
10.  Handpainted Birth Print - by yours truly, email me if you're interested
11.  Land of Nod - Elephant Personalized Print
12.  Crate & Barrel Alston Ivory & Grey Curtains (we own)
13.  (not numbered) West Elm Braided Round Jute Rug (we own)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment