Thursday, March 20, 2014

4th day of maternity leave

37 weeks 4 days.

I'm feeling so relaxed. It's one of the best feelings knowing that I've taken all the stress away with work and the time I'm away from the house. I know I've done the best thing for baby girl. Because if you know me, I have a history of being a very high strung person. 

Overall I cannot complain about pregnancy. Obviously there are the uncomfortable normal things, morning sickness - check, heartburn - check, and the constant peeing - check. But I have had very little absolute discomfort. Except for that one night we had to go to the hospital because I apparently was passing a kidney stone. Yep. My family's claim to fame, kidney stones, hit me during pregnancy. Just my luck. But even that wasn't too bad. Scary because I was having true but mild contractions at 30 weeks. But we were home in a jiff. 

Of late, I've been a little bit weary of the fact that I havent gained any weight since about a month ago. I've gained 23-25 pounds at this point which is great and people say I'm all baby. Which is true. I feel so lucky to have gone through this process with the semblance of a figure to come back soon after delivery. 

So at my appointment Thursday I requested to have an ultrasound. Just to ensure myself that baby was on track with her weight and size. And sure enough. She is growing perfectly. Estimated weight is 6 lbs, 14 oz. holy moly. And I still have 2 1/2 weeks till my due date. 


And the best part was I got a sneak peek at her little face. Not a lot of room in there. But she already has a pout going on. 

So, dr says she gives me one more week after checking my progression. Let's just say we've started the progress in a great way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment