Monday, March 11, 2013

miscellaneous monday: forgot a couple

I forgot some important items.  Here are more excerpts from our lives.


Reba some how got a huge gash in her underarm area that we found one night right before bed.  She seemed totally fine so we decided to wait until the next day to take her to the emergency vet.  {Call me a horrible animal parent, but I am not going to let a cat that is not miserable keep me from sleeping in my own bed at normal hours of the night.}  Needless to say I didn't sleep well that night at all and the next day was spent waiting by the phone for the emergency vet (who had some horrible cases come in that day like an electrocuted dog and a run-over dog) to call us and tell us to come get her. 

She wore this collar for, mmm.  Maybe 15 minutes once home until she pulled it off by herself and we didn't find it for a whole week.  So, there was no keeping it on her but she was a champ at not messing with it for the most part.  The WORST part was keeping this cat inside for 2 weeks.  We successfully kept her in for 1 week, but her cries were just getting pathetic.  Oh to be a pet parent. 



And this was the hole that my father-in-law dug to unearth the missing cleanout that solved the drain issue we had a couple of days ago.  Bless him.  However I was very concerned after hearing that he had successfully dug said hole due to the fact that he recently had surgery (successful) in November.  Again, bless him, I love him.

That is all. thank you and good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment