Thursday, February 25, 2010

the behr paint fan


Just a little fun picture for the middle of the week. This is Katie and her infamous Behr paint fan. I was busy trying to pick out colors for the exterior fascia and trim... Oh! And those slabs of grey stone over there against the house are going to be part of the new hearth for the fireplace!

*Funny story about the acquisition of the Behr paint fan. One day this summer I was helping out a sweet lady and designing her nursery, ooh! And I was in a rush to meet her and she really wanted to look at some paint colors that day. But it was a Sunday and Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore weren't open. And you can buy the paint fans there for $30-40. So I thought in my little head, what shall I do?!?! I HAVE to have paint colors for my lady. So I went to the Home Depot up at Arbor Walk and went to the paint desk and asked this nice man if I could purchase one of the Behr paint fans. I told him I was a designer and that I would like to have one for my projects. He asked me some more questions and then finally said, "well, I'll give this to you for free if you promise to use Behr paint forever." I agreed thinking, pfhfhfhg! who knows if I'll ever use this again after today... And honestly I have! In my house, David's house... and I recommend it to everyone. There are thousands of paint colors in that thing!*

I'm off to Denton this weekend for a 3 day study session for my licensing exam... horray. So unfortunately I won't be able to play at the house this weekend. But Sunday evening I will be going to take some pictures of:

Cabinetry
All tile flooring
completed hearth
maybe some other surprises that I just don't know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment