Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So much out there

So, I like design. I LOVE perusing through websites and magazines and finding awesome stuff that I wish I had thought of. And then I steal the idea and mix it with another and put it in my house! And of course a year of owning a house and putting the pieces together, I STILL want to do more, and change it out. Its the curse of being a designer. You KNOW too much. You have all these resources. At work for instance, we have a materials library. It is full of fabrics and wallcoverings and tile that are calling me to them. But I just can't chose.

About 3-4 years ago I chose. I chose a fabric for a mid century modern chair that my grandmother gave me. I like it... but its almost as if I didn't have enough design saviness to make the right choice because now, its not so fun/interesting to me. Its not like I'm going to go rip it off and change it, but its one of those nagging things that you think about as you go to bed.

So, as we approach the time in which we need to stage David's house for selling, my mom and I have been scheming with all these great ideas on how to use some of my existing furniture, and a lot of pieces she has that just don't "fit" her house anymore.

There will of course be the master bedroom. And then we were thinking we could stage one of the bedrooms as a study. David has this awesome desk that he made himself with a beautiful granite top. We can add to it with a nice rug and chair. Then we thought the other bedroom could be staged as a kids room. We have an extra twin bed, and can REALLY do some damage there. On to the living room where I will be offering up two lounge chairs and my mom has a nice sofa/loveseat. All neutrals, but don't you worry. I will find those accent pieces.

In our search for ideas for not only the staging of David's house, but our own endeavors, I dabble in the following website/blogs. Take a gander and enjoy! You'll regret it after an hour has gone by and you realize youre still at work ;)




Oh Dee Doh - cutest kids/baby design website.

And to add in one more website that has become a favorite of all my girlfriends:

A true renaissance woman. She cooks, designs, photographs, and raises some beautiful punks all with Marlboro man by her side.

Have a great Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment