Sunday, April 25, 2010

no, were not done

So, you may be asking yourself, what in the world are Katie and David doing now that they aren't working on the house anymore... well, we aren't slowing down, but we are enjoying the freedom to do all kinds of new fun stuff.

The house has had several buyers already looking. The day after it went on the market, 3 realtors stopped by with clients. And there were a couple this weekend.


David is actually still working on house stuff little by little. This picture shows the progress of power washing the roof. On the left you can see the power washing difference. Essentially its a white roof. And the darker color is the residue from trees, dirt, and mold/mildew/grime. They have been working on getting the other half off and its looking great!

The landscaping at the front of the house that we planted last summer is already taking off after all the rain and sun we've been having. It'll take a little longer, but soon it will actually look like something.

David and I are also trying to plan/design the mounting of the mantel for the fireplace. That is something that we haven't been able to do yet. But, we'll have pictures as soon as we can.

Because we've been spending so much time at David's house, I've been thinking my house has been neglected. So, I made a list of "honey do's" and handed it over to David. Well, not really, but there have been some things that I have just been dying to do. One thing inparticular. The shrubs in front of my house... they are so overgrown and literally growing wild and I'm just tired of them. Its a reminder of the disarray this house was in when we bought it and I wanted to start new.

So, this is the before... Don't mind the new shrubs in their pots on the sidewalk.



And this is the after. Those shrubs in the back are very small right now, but in a couple of months I am hoping that they will look more like this... (sneak attack photo of a house a couple of streets down...)



And then this is what I did last week after I got home from work each day. I love my garden! (minus the huge man hole cover in the middle of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment