Saturday, July 7, 2012

holding pattern

So, we have been in a little holding pattern for about a week for all of the old/new walls to be taped and floated and ready for new texture.  Which happened yesterday!  I haven't been to the house in a couple of days so this is all I have until tomorrow.  

WARNING:  If you are afraid of spiders, do not read any further.  There are some graphic pictures of a little issue we are having at the house at the bottom of the page.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.


Doors are in!  This is a set of doors for a guest room closet...  Please note, black hardware.  This was a tough decision for me... But I REALLY like the contrast of the white moldings and the black, natural looking simple raw steel look of the black hardware.  And so it shall be.



Door casings.  Just a simple 1x material.  No profile, no contour.  



Since paint is going up this weekend, we had to make a decision...  usually, I can pull the trigger on decisions pretty fast.  David and I know what we want, the look we are going for, and we do it.  But paint is another story.  I've had some difficulty in the past with it.  I really like "warmer" colors... so when it comes to my favorite color GREY, I tend to move towards the more green/greys...  This was the best picture of the 4 we sampled.  Utimately we went with NONE of these... and instead went with one lighter than the far right.  I do hope we made the right decision...




We have a little issue with tarantulas.  This is the 3rd one I've seen in about 3 weeks.  
- 1x at the back patio of new house
- 1x walking with my mom on their street
- 1x, THIS TIME... by the freaking front door.  


I've called our pest guy.  By the way, he's an awesome pest guy.  Great price, comes quarterly.  He calls you to set up a time.  David with Elo Pest Control  512-836-2579

And today... my girlfriends and I are taking a trip with my dad's truck to.... Pottery Barn Outlet.  


I am so excited.  Hit or miss really, but a girl can hope for some great furniture at a huge discount.  (Sometimes slightly chipped or crooked, but all in all a good deal.)

Prepare for some progress soon!
katie, H&H



No comments:

Post a Comment