Tuesday, July 10, 2012

waiting game, so lets shop!

No movement has happened at the house since about Thursday of last week.  Our drywall/painter decided to slack off and then to just not call David back or even show up Friday, Saturday, etc.  So, David hired a new one today!  David seems very enthusiastic about this one.  I just don't understand how people can do that.  Just not show up to finish a job they've started.  I have nightmares about emails I need to send for work and the smallest of things that I forgot to put in my documents.  This guy apparently has no conscience.  I have said my peace.

So, no updates to show, but we have some fun finds!

Saturday my girlfriends and I went to Pottery Barn outlet to see if we could find any crazy deals, and we were successful.  Here are my purchases. 




And then David and I drove out to Johnson City where we visited Pieces of the Past.  THE MOST FUN STORE EVER.  They have all kinds of stuff, a MILLION doors.  Trinkets, old windows, old water buckets made into sinks, old nailheads, old door hardware, etc.  Now, I'm a huge fan of mixing the modern classics, clean architectural lines, and a touch of old vintage.  But, its all about balance.  Although this place is awesome!  I couldn't do EVERYTHING in my house this way.  Just a few touches here and there.  So, the barn door that we were after to become the sliding door to our bathroom was one such element.  And I knew I'd find some other items too.  One in particular I am so excited about!  These old nailheads!


I'm not going to divulge my plan now.  So, the two people left that I haven't already told, will just have to wait.  But, lets just say I like things in masses of clusters and randomness. 


Here are some other things that we found.  


Antique saddle.


Snuck this shot of an old carousel horse behind the counter.


They had a LOT of old reclaimed lumber!  David's dream.


Lumber.


Doors, doors, and more doors.  Here are some of our favorites.


Bathroom doors, favorite #1.


Bathroom doors, favorite #2.











Bathroom doors, favorite #3.


Bathroom doors, favorite #4.




Cutest little windows.


Cool stuff.


Old signage letters!

Pieces of the Past is located at the intersection of Hwy 281 and Hwy 290 in Johnson City.  The owner is a fun and down to earth lady named Kathy Johnson.  She told me she'd give me a good deal when we came back if I brought her an iced latte.  And I will.

Here are some fun pictures of what my mom did with some doors and lattice she bought from her a couple of years ago for the beach house. 




Thats it for now!
katie, H&H

No comments:

Post a Comment