Monday, September 16, 2013

chalkboards

So, the new "it" thing is chalkboard art.  If you frequent Pinterest as much as I do, then you've seen some pretty cool chalkboard art.  Well... I wanted to get in on the fun, so I bought some chalkboard paint pens, chalkboard contact paper, and an A-frame decorative framed chalkboard on Amazon.  {By the way, Amazon is really great for EVERYTHING you would ever want to buy.}

Here were my purchases.


 
 
 
 
 
{This one hasn't arrived yet, so I started without it}
 
The day these arrived I was so excited, but I waited until the weekend to play with them.  And the first thing I did was transform our pantry cabinet, and created a chalkboard on the inside of our pantry doors. 
 
The contact paper is super easy to cut.  I used a metal ruler and a rotary blade.  (The rotary blade is awesome I just found out, especially with the straightedge ruler.  And, you can cut right on the granite and it doesn't scratch at all.)
 

 
This was the pantry door before. 

 
After contact paper.  Smooth out with a credit card or similarly rigid flat thing-a-ma-jig.

 
After chalk paint! 
{I couldn't think of any groceries at the moment.}


 
{and this will be full by next weekend ;)}
 
And it washes off with water, so it super easy to re-write, erase, and start another list!
 
Then I got really adventurous and found some inspirational chalkboard images on Pinterest, and copied one by looking at it.  This is in our utility room :)

 
 
 
Here are some of my chalkboard art inspirations that I found on Pinterest.  I have tried to cite my sources as best I could.
 
 

(I can't find the source, my apologies.)


 






More fun projects from Katie and David coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment