Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1 more week, or so.

So, this is a tiring process.  I say that for me, but then there is David at the house most nights later than I care for and I have since stopped complaining that I want to finally have a house again.  This is why I love this man.  Ever committed to every aspect of the project, and then some.

Here are some updates.


Glass tile in the master bath shower.  This is a shelf... we built the side wall out, so that the original wall and that one created a shelf.  For all my products.  Yes.  The glass tile was forever an inner debate with myself.  We wanted something brighter, contrasting, but fun/modern/shimmery.  I delayed, like I still am with the kitchen backsplash, but I had to make a decision on this one because without tile on a shower wall, you can't take a shower.  I need to take a shower.  So we went with the original selection.  This little gem from Home Depot.  All in all, I like it.   Its not grouted yet, but I think it will stand the test of time.  And if it doesn't, its just one small area.


2x2 travertine on the floor, more grout lines means less slip, means I won't fall and break my neck.
Note the well planned "curb" so water doesn't creep out.  We may or may not put a glass door here.  Still up in the air.


This again is so that I don't break my neck.  A little perch for my foot when I shave my legs.



Hallway with LED lights.  I promise it doesn't look this blue.  Or maybe it does.  [ahhhhh]



Kitchen with can lights.  Granite comes Friday!



Here you can see the under cabinet lights.  This should be good for all that intricate cooking I do.



Once the carpet was ripped up and the wood floors were in the plan, it became obvious that the floor was horribly uneven.  This is self-leveling cementitious epoxy stuff that makes it even again.  



The wood floors are in!  But are covered up by protective paper.  So, we'll all have to wait for that reveal.  The fireplace I reckon is done "drying"/curing.  But I'm not ready to commit to painting it yet.  And I think there is another layer of plaster/stucco left.  I haven't gotten the run down on this from David.  And.  The plan is to paint the original painted wood paneling a medium charcoal color.  So, I guess we'll do that and make a decision.  
Stain still needs to happen.  Mantle.  David wants a bigger TV, what guy doesn't.  And then of course the actual living items, my furniture!

 

Wood floor in the studio.  Reanie is sooo excited.



This is how uneven the master bedroom floor was.  They had to level out practically the whole room.

Okay, so its still slow going, but its going and life is good so I'm not complaining.  At least not anymore ;)

Big thank you to HD Walker, David's Dad, for helping out so much!  And Happy Anniversary to HD and Nancy on their 40th Wedding Anniversary!  I love my Walker family.


Until this weekend! katie, H&H

No comments:

Post a Comment