Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Moved in.

So we are all moved in. Our house looks like a tornado hit it. But little by little things are taking shape.
Interesting things this week.


- the cats are loving the house. After a stressful car trip (20 min) I let them free in the house. And after 1 night we let them outside and it's like they have lived there forever.


- yesterday morning was the first day to drive to work from the house, as well as the first day of school. I was shocked at how well the traffic moved. And today it's completely the opposite.


- we have way too much stuff.


- mom taught me to create "shopping" areas while you unpack by laying everything out in pikes instead of placing them directly in a spot. Then you go "shopping" to decorate your rooms. Saves time and your feet. Genius.


- I love my elfa closet shelving. So much space! (pictures coming soon)


- 400 sf more space is a lot. All in all we have a lot of space and have built in a lot of cabinets for awesome storage.


- my LG washer and dryer are fantastic! They play a little song when they are done instead of this horrendous loud alarm.


- my feet are killing me from moving all day Saturday and Sunday and continuously walking back and forth from room to room with boxes.


- we have only found 1 of 3 power cords for our flat panel TVs.


- If you like to organize and unpack things you can come hang out this weekend and help me.


- its nice not having to dodge jack rabbits in the morning. Now I just dodge highschoolers and their horrible driving.


- we are eating out a/ordering in a lot. Unpacking from 7-11 every day doesn't leave time to plan/prepare a meal.


- our dear friends Morgan and Michael are moving into their new house in just a week or so. They will be only minutes away.


- I found a backsplash! I'm placing the order tomorrow!


- we have been desperate to find a leather recliner for David and I found one for an amazing deal on the "deal" website, joss & main. It came today! I love it. But unbeknownst to me. It doesn't have a footrest attached. Oh well. Another opportunity to add another texture with an ottoman.


- there are not enough trash pick up days in the week to accommodate our moving needs. But we are taking advantage of the exobox buy back program. Yes! And we are helping to save the world. One box at a time.


- I get butterflies everyday on my way home to my house and my man. And that's the best part.


- posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment