Monday, August 6, 2012

cabinets, beams, stucco! step 3, 4, 5.

This past week has been full of all kinds of things.  
1. the beams were re-clad in what David says is a "clear pine".  All I know is that is beautiful.  Soon to be stained.




2.  Cabinets!  They are dark... but once all the light is in and stainless appliances, and that backsplash that I refuse to chose, it will just "pop".


Kitchen, uppers are in, but its too dark without the lights to get a good pic.


Guest bathroom.  I opted to not have the hamper in the "tower".  I would rather have lots of shelves for storage of all kinds of towels, and well, rubber duckies for when those babies come.  Some day.



And I'm still so excited about this room, the laundry room.  And, I still need to select a GE stackable washer and dryer... so if you have any suggestions, hook a girl up.  The W/D will sit in that blank space on the right corner, and then the two cabinets on the left will have a granite counter on top for folding ;) and then we will put a clothes rack at my height ;) between those upper cabinets for hanging clothes right out of the dryer!  And then look at all that great storage on the left!  Its only 12" deep... but it will fit so much!




David had the guest house painted to match the big house.  Its so nice, it doesnt look like a black hole anymore!  And thanks to momma Reanie, we have our first piece of furniture at the house, this nice little table and chairs!


David went and bought some Texas Gray Leuders for our fireplace.  This will go on the hearth... I'm not sure if it will go on top too?  I'll have to ask him.  He has kind of championed this effort.  





And then the stucco!  First coat.  I'm told it will get lighter.  I've been thinking this whole fireplace will eventually just look very chalky/stone looking.  If not, then we'll paint it that way.


Nice mason man.


So, thats it up until today.  I hear our granite goes in on Friday/Saturday and then we are about 1 week from move-in after that!  So much to do!  David says its like conducting an orchestra.  Mingo still isn't done with tiling, but we have a lot and he is doing a great job so I'm not complaining.  Once all the tile is done, (basically the edge pieces at the doorways to rooms/other floors) carpet, wood floors, baseboards can be done.  Then electrical people (electricians as some would call them) should be coming soon... I think.

Lots to do.  Big thank you to my amazing husband for creating our dream home!  I am so excited I cant stand it... but I am realizing that once we are in it will be oh so much more exciting because I'll actually have all of our other belongings, i.e. furniture I haven't seen in 6 months.  It kind of doesn't seem real.  

And a huge shout out to my sweet mom, Reanie, who is in Dallas all week getting certified to be a professional Home Stager.  I love her and her energy! xoxo

katie, H&H

1 comment:

  1. It's coming along so nicely! We've been wanting to do something similar to our house as well. We're finding it difficult to agree on a Leesburg FL stucco. I know we'll eventually come to a decision I just wish it was easier done than said!

    ReplyDelete